A clean refrigerator is an inspiration. An ideal time to clean it is before you go grocery shopping, when reserves are low. Then you have less to move around. To begin:
- Take everything out, including the drawers and shelves.
- Wipe the inside out with a rag that is damp with water and vinegar. Rinse regularly, as needed. Be sure to wipe down the walls, which can get dusty. A little baking soda on the rag will make quick work of stubborn spots. Dry with a clean towel.
- Wash the shelves and drawers in the sink. Dry and replace.
- Check for expiration dates as you wipe lids and bottoms of containers. Also, consider how long you’ve been hanging on to something that has been opened. It’s hard to let go, but that jar of roasted red peppers you splurged on over a year ago isn’t going to get any less mushy!
- Place clean containers back into the refrigerator in an orderly manner.
- Tell your family to come see how clean the refrigerator is, so all can marvel.