I’ve been drinking green smoothies four to five times a week lately and I try a lot of variations, based on what ingredients I have on hand. Some are better than others! I really love this one. It has a really juicy flavor and reminds me of smoothies I used to get at Jamba Juice or Juice Stop. The romaine gives the smoothie a slightly earthy flavor. Yet, the juicy blackberry flavor dominates.
- Yield: 6 cups
- 1¼ cups orange juice
- 1 romaine heart
- 1 handful mixed baby greens
- 1 banana
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 granny smith apple, quartered
- 1 red Comice pear, quartered, or another apple
- 1 ½ cups frozen blackberries
- Blend the orange juice and leafy greens.
- Add the banana, lemon juice, apple and pear. Blend.
- Add the blackberries and blend until smooth. Enjoy!