My friend Caitlin has a beautiful, new online shop! Caitlin and I have been friends since 10th grade and I’ve always admired her taste. Therefore, I wasn’t surprised to see that everything she has curated in her shop is exquisite. Caitlin was born in Johannesburg, South Africa and has always had a passion for South African culture and art. Through her shop, Zeal Living, Caitlin makes available beautifully-crafted, ethically-traded goods from South Africa. Caitlin has met in person with many of the artisans whom she partners with and has also worked with designers to craft some items exclusively for her shop. Below are a few of my favorite things!
- Hand Woven Placemat, Smoke with Blush Trim The perfect shade of pink! I want to style food photos with these.
- Uwamwiza Recycled Tin Stacking Ring Set I love the modern look of these. They remind me of the silver rings Caitlin used to wear in high school.
- Hand Carved Wood Facet Ring, Cherry Wood and Copper Wood and copper, two of my favorite materials! So pretty.
- Batik Handmade Circle Scarf, Rain in Black Silk This looks so soft and perfect for fall. The hand-painted work is lovely.
- Handmade Clay Moon Candle, Medium Simple and beautifully burnished.
- Hand Woven Plateau Basket, Black and White Zig Zag I’m very attracted to black-and-white décor right now and this would be great as a wall hanging.
For more handcrafted, ethically-traded goodness, visit Zeal Living!
(Feature Photo by Caitlin Halberstadt for Zeal Living.)