One night, as I was finishing up a shift at work, I asked my friend Janesse what I should make for dinner. She told me about brats and grapes, which I had never heard of before. It sounded buttery, savory and delicious. I was intrigued. She told me how to make it and I’ve made it for dinner many times since. The preparation is incredibly easy, while the payoff is rich. The roasted grapes soak up the butter, along with all of the flavor of the savory spices in the brats. It recently dawned on me that it’s an amazing dish to serve for breakfast, as well!
I typically buy the original Pork Bratwurst from the meat case at Whole Foods or Beeler’s Pork Bratwurst, from Natural Grocers.
Brats & Grapes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 6 minutes Active Prep Time
- 35 minutes Roast Time
- 4 Pork Bratwursts
- 1 pound red grapes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in an ovenproof skillet on the stove, on medium-high heat.
- Place brats in the pan and brown, about three minutes on each side.
- Add the washed grapes to the skillet. Add 2 more tablespoons of butter.
- Place in the oven. Roast for 30–35 minutes, or until brats are cooked through and grapes are desired texture. They should look rumply, buttery and irresistible.